PROJUVEN means proyecto juvenil (youth project). It stands for something dynamic. For our staff of professionals it means being social entrepreneurs and keeping the passion for social purposes, in a modern concept of NGO. We are organization, which creates opportunities for young people who would like to be an active, try and learn something new and gain new experience and knowledge for personal and professional development. We want to enrich the educational, social and cultural life of young people living in our country, mainly young people with fewer opportunities. We believe that young people must become a driving force in building the society in which they live and therefore we create various opportunities in order to help shape a generation that is determined to change our country/and world for the better.
In PROJUVEN, emphasis is primarily on issues concerning specific social groups information, training and support; these groups are steadily or occasionally characterized as socially sensitive and vulnerable (refugees, immigrants, people with special needs, single parent families, etc.) As a major voluntary effort, PROJUVEN cares about vulnerable people, subject to discrimination and with full respect and acceptance of human rights, with belief in selfless social work offer and visions for a better and more human society, all of them through promoting the value and role of culture, arts and education. PROJUVEN fosters the dissemination of information about the initiatives and opportunities promoted by the European Union in different fields, through both internet and social networks, and organizing specific public events.
We promote the art and all other cultural enrichments and we are active in valorize our area in Spain where we promote a lot of initiatives and cooperate with many other associations and public institutions as municipalities.
Summing up, our main goals are:
– Individual development of each member;
– Acquiring new skills and abilities;
– Promote social inclusion using Sport, Nature and Art;
– Create link with European Youth Associations;
– Develop youth movement all over Europe;
– Increase knowledge using non formal education.
– Promote young mobility, intercultural exchange, volunteer and social cooperation among youngsters;
– Promote Youth Employment;
– Promote Youth Entrepreneurship;
– Stimulate the exchange of ideas and experience, mutual understanding, and equal rights and opportunities among young people in Europe and in the Euromed countries;
– Promote intercultural understanding, equal opportunities, respect, active citizenship and solidarity;
– Fight discrimination, xenophobia and intolerance;
– Promote respect for the nature (ecofriendly attitude) and develop new job opportunities;
– Involve young people with less opportunities;
– Support to refugees;
– Integration of minorities.
– In the field of non-formal and in-formal education, informing and communication (youth exchanges, training course, study sessions);
– Activities for youth: volunteer projects in local communities, sports activities as a healthy lifestyle, sport as a tool for inclusion, eco projects of free expression for young people.
Projuven has launched a very interesting project called “PROJUVEN International Network on Refugees” (PINOR, http://projuven.org/en/projuven-international-network-on-refugees)PINOR is an open informative network project on migrations. It aims to give data, competences and knowledge in order to inform and raise awareness on migrants and migrations’ issues. Our directions:
- Lobby and advocacy, we advocate at European level towards migrant inclusion in the EU and sustainable migration policies.
- Networking and cooperation, we connect with relevant stakeholders across Europe: companies, public institutions, NGOs, media and academia.
- Raising awareness, together with our members we craft powerful messages on migration topic to reach young Europeans.
- Training programmes, we develop youth centered training courses aimed to develop youth workers skills and build new ones.
PROJUVEN has also signed an important bilateral agreement with Al-Azhar University – Gaza in Palestine. Most Palestinian have a refugee status and continue to reside in refugee camps, including within the State of Palestine in the West Bank and in the Gaza Strip. This important agreement signed in September 2016 will allow PROJUVEN to start working with the refugees of Gaza Strip.
We are very active in the field of youth and adult education as holders but also as partners of different kind of projects in our country. The key for us is to work on both local and international projects and we try to cover broad scale of themes and topics according to what our target group finds interesting. We focus mainly on youth participation, intercultural understanding, active citizenship, entrepreneurship, sport, healthy life style, peacebuilding, but also art and culture.
The activities of the organisation are based on the approaches of non-formal education, experiential and intercultural learning, social inclusion and active participation. Our activities include but are not limited to: educational projects (youth exchanges, trainings, seminars), networking and cooperation, awareness raising and policy development, capacity building, coaching of initiatives, organisational and individual coaching; mobility.
Regular activities of PROJUVEN are:
– connected to risky behaviour prevention and skill development of youth educational activities based on non-formal education tools.
– research, lobbying, and systemic change activities connected with focus group.
– skills development and growth of awareness of professionals working with lower chance youth.
– building national and international network of professionals working with lower chance youth.
– organization of conferences, meetings and debates on legal issues that gathers young professionals, experts and youth from several institutions.
Projuven is an intermediary organization among European Universities and Companies. Thanks to our stable and detailed network (http://projuven.org/en/traineeships), we are able to connect national and international partners and we are always ready to welcome and assist new participants, ensuring high quality training. We welcome and assist participants ensuring training in different field:
– European Projects and European Citizenship
– New Technologies
– Social Media Management
– Youth Development
– Social Skills
– Languages Learning
PROJUVEN is member of European Network Against Racism-ENAR (www.enar-eu.org/Spain).
PROJUVEN is member of Anna Lindh foundation network (http://www.annalindhfoundation.org/members/asociacion-projuven)
In Andalucia, PROJUVEN is member of the network Stop Rumores (http://stoprumores.com/asociacion-projuven-se-adhiere-a-stop-rumores) managed by Andalucía Acoge.
Address: Calle Regente 33, 3 Izquierda, 29009 Malaga, Spain
Phone: +34 633884707